Welcome to the Covenant capaCITY website!
What is Covenant capaCITY?
"Capacity building of local governments to advance Local Climate and Energy Action – from planning to action to monitoring" was a 3-year project, which resulted in an online training platform for local governments.
The main project aim is to assist Sustainable Energy and Climate Action Plans (SECAP) development in Europe - from motivation, planning, implementation, to monitoring and evaluating. It does this by dealing with three main activities:
- An easy learning programme is offered to:
- local governments (local leaders and municipal staff)
- A ‘train-the-trainer’ programme to extend the support offered, inviting participation of representatives from:
- local government associations and networks
- energy agencies working with municipalities
- It actively supports selected cities and towns in 15 countries – step-by-step rolling-out their Local Climate and Energy Actions.
What do people say about Covenant capaCITY?