Welcome to Covenant capaCITY project website!
What is Covenant capaCITY?
"Capacity building of local governments to advance Local Climate and Energy Action – from planning to action to monitoring" is a 3-year project, co-funded by the Intelligent Energy Europe programme. It started in June 2011 and runs until May 2014.
The main project aim is to assist Sustainable Energy Action Plan (SEAP) development in Europe - from motivation, planning, implementation, to monitoring and evaluating. It does this by dealing with three main activities:
- An easy learning programme is offered to:
- local governments (local leaders and municipal staff)
- A ‘train-the-trainer’ programme to extend the support offered, inviting participation of representatives from:
- local government associations and networks
- energy agencies working with municipalities
- It actively supports selected cities and towns in 15 countries – step-by-step rolling-out their Local Climate and Energy Actions.
What do people say about Covenant capaCITY?